Advertising in Dental Dimensions Magazine
Advertising in Dental Dimensions is quick and easy. Simply print out the rate sheet and Insertion Order, select your advertisement size and complete the Insertion Order accordingly. Then fax your completed Insertion Order form to 818.576.0122. Or, you may scan your completed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember all new adv. must be prepaid.
Click HERE for the Rate Sheet
Click IO for the Insertion Order
SFVDS Advertising Standards
The San Fernando Valley Dental Society (SFVDS) welcomes advertising in its Publications and web site. Such advertising must be factually accurate, dignified, and aimed at contributing to the advancement of the profession of dentistry, particularly within the component boundaries of the SFVDS. SFVDS reserves the right to accept or reject advertising, at its sole discretion, for any product or service submitted for publication.
Acceptance of advertising by SFVDS does not in any way constitute endorsement or approval by SFVDS of the advertised service or product, and unless approved in advance by the SFVDS board of directors, advertisers may not make such claims in any way.
- All advertisements submitted for display and or classified listing in any SFVDS publication or website are subject to review by the editor, staff and its advisors. Advertisers must submit ads by ad materials deadlines in order for materials to be reviewed by SFVDS. Every effort will be made to review artwork in a timely manner.
- Advertisements must not be deceptive or misleading. Advertisements must clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being advertised. All claims of fact must be fully supported and meaningful in terms of performance or any other benefit. SFVDS may require a sample or copy of any advertised product or a full description of any advertised service, and proof of the efficacy or reliability of any products.
- Products and services must be germane to, effective and useful in the practice of dentistry, or of interest to dentists and their families in the sole judgment of the SFVDS. Products and services and their indicated uses must conform to principles of acceptable dental practice and of dental ethics. Alcoholic beverages, tobacco and medicinal marijuana products are not eligible for advertising.
Advertisers must comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the manufacture, distribution, and sale of a product or service. If it is SFVDS’s belief that an advertiser has not complied then it shall be sufficient grounds for rejection of an advertisement.
- Advertisements will not be accepted if they conflict with or appear to violate SFVDS policy, the SFVDS/CDA/ADA Code of Ethics or its Bylaws, or if the advertisements are deemed offensive or contain attacks of a personal, racial, or religious nature.
- Advertising for dental education courses designed to directly enhance the knowledge, skill or competence of the dentist will be eligible for publication only if the course sponsor has received “registered provider” status from the California Board of Dental Examiners under Title 16, California Code of Regulations, Section 1016.
7. SFVDS reserves the right to decline advertising for any educational course that involves the teaching or use of a product or technique that conflicts with SFVDS policy, or is the subject of an unfavorable or cautionary report by a recognized dental agency. The eligibility of an advertisement for a course conducted by or under the auspices of an organization or commercial venture other than the American Dental Association, the CA Dental Association or the SFVDS will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Acceptance of advertisements for courses and education materials offered by commercial ventures and directed to the income of a dentist or to the commercial aspects of a dental practice will be reviewed for attractiveness, accuracy and dignity to determine eligibility.
8. SFVDS will not accept advertising for seminars, consultants or other educational programs that suggest, imply, promise or guarantee increased revenue (in dollar amounts) or specific numbers of new patients to a dental practice, that will occur as a result of attending the advertised program or seminar. SFVDS will not accept advertising that, in general, implies that the volume of a practice, either in income or in numbers of patients, may be increased at the expense of proper patient care. SFVDS will also not accept advertising that seeks information for, or in any way pertains to, class-action lawsuits.
9. Comparative advertising of dental products and dental services is not allowed.
10. No advertisement may contain a fee or a discount amount for professional dental services.
11. No advertisement may contain a fee or reward for referring patients.
12. Advertisements on behalf of insurers not admitted in California must comply with all California Department of Insurance requirements, including, but not limited to, California Insurance Code Section 1764.1, by prominently affixing in boldface 16-point type along the bottom of the ad that: “Insurance sold by this company is not regulated by the California Department of Insurance or the California Insurance Guarantee Association.” All insurance ads must meet California Insurance Code guidelines for advertising.
13. Placement of advertising with respect to employment, purchase or sale of a practice, or the like will be at the discretion of SFVDS and, if the editors so choose, may be limited to the classified section of the publication without any illustrations or graphics. Advertisements for employment must conform to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and may not discriminate against any persons based on race, sex, age, national origin, religion, handicap, or country of dental education. In addition, SFVDS prohibits discrimination in advertisements on account of lawful political affiliation, marital status, handicap, sexual orientation, and country of training.
14. SFVDS maintains a clear separation between news/editorial matter and advertising. Accordingly, SFVDS reserves the right to decline advertisements that simulate news/editorial copy or, if accepted for publication at SFVDS’s sole discretion, to require the word “advertisement” placed prominently in all such advertorials/advertisements.
15. Advertisements must not quote the names, statements or writings of any individual, public official, government agency, testing group or other organization without their consent. Such written consent shall be submitted at the time advertising materials are submitted for publication.
16. Advertising placements will not influence editorial copy. Editors have the final approval over all content in SFVDS publications or websites.
17. Advertisements for SFVDS endorsed programs must also follow separate guidelines and review processes.
18. Advertisers agree to and are bound by conditions on SFVDS rate cards and SFVDS insertion orders.