for Do Dentistry, Not Prison Time "Clinical Records Prevent Criminal Records"
January 27, 2021
Earn 7 CE CREDITS
$79 Auxiliaries & Retired Members
Free for Dental Students & Residents
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Dr. Shelburne went to prison on August 20, 2008 and was released on May 14, 2010 and learned a series of lessons the hard way. There are ways to protect and defend a dental practice and to prevent what happened to him from happening to you.
Know that if it's not in your clinical record, you didn't see it, you didn't say it, you didn't do it, it didn't need to be done, and it doesn't exist....from the legal perspective. To be prepared for any challenge the whole dental team must be careful, concise, complete, and diligent, not just the doctor because, the whole team is potentially at risk. Learning and implementing this no non-sense team approach to record keeping could mean the difference between success and failure in the event of an action or challenge to your practice and will result in maximum legitimate reimbursement.
- To understand that what you don’t know can hurt you and that ignorance is no excuse
- To learn to assimilate and maintain records that can both protect and defend.
- Understand the necessity of due diligence and how to conduct records review and internal audits to insure accuracy and excellence
- Welcome & Introduction2:00-- 2:05 PM
- Lecture 1: 2:05-- 3:35 PM
- Q & A / Break3:35-- 3:45 PM
- Lecture 2: 3:45 -- 5:15 PM
- Dinner5:15 -- 5:45 PM
- Lecture 3: 5:45 -- 7:15 PM
- Q & A / Break7:15--7:30 PM
- Lecture 4: 7:30--9:00 PM
- Conclude 9:00 PM
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Dr. Shelburne is a 1981 Honor Graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University's School of Dentistry. After graduation, Dr. Shelburne opened his practice "back home" in his grandfather's hardware store building and practiced there for 27 years. He has been a past president of the Southwest Virginia Dental Society and has volunteer at Virginia's various MOM projects across the state. Dr. Shelburne has also been a short-term missionary with the Baptist Medical Missions International to Honduras, CA.
Download Registration Form
You may also simply call us at 818.576.0116 and register over the phone.