Thank you for your interest in joining the San Fernando Valley Dental Society (SFVDS).
- The benefits of joining the SFVDS are wide and varied and include the CDA/ADA benefits you will see in the PDF document below. In addition, locally you will have access to the following benefits:
- Low cost CE courses - all of which are qualified for licensure renewal
- Opportunities for community service
- Professional leadership opportunities
- Cameraderie and support from colleagues
- Local patient referral service
- Local colleague referrals
- Employment exchange for dentists and auxiliaries
- Opportunities to socialize with colleagues
- Access to a chemical abuse support group
- Free CA/Fed/Osha employment posters
In addition, as referred to in our FAQ tab, membership is a Tripartite affair. This means that when you join the SFVDS locally, you also join the California Dental Association (CDA) and the American Dental Association (ADA).
Unless you are a recent graduate from Dental School or are retired, tripartite dues are generally in the range of $1675 per year. The approximate breakdown of the standard annual dues is as follows:
SFVDS - $324
CDA - $750
ADA - $600
If you join between July 1 and September 30, your dues will be approximately one-half of the above amounts.
If you join between October 1 and December 31, your dues will be approximately one-quarter of the above amounts. Call our office to see if special 4th quarter dues waivers are in effect at the time you complete the application.
While this may seem like a lot of money at first glance, the benefits are great and unavailable anywhere else, or through any other organization of dentists. Benefits of tripartite membership include the local benefits listed above, PLUS:
If you have any questions or need help filling out the membership application, please call Bella at 818.576-0116, M-F, 9AM - 5PM.
- Access to malpractice insurance
- additional low cost CE courses
- Exclusive access to the Peer Review Process (to help avoid costly litigation)
- A wide variety of endorsed and discounted programs that can help in your practice
- Having your voice represented at the Dental Board of California and in front of the legislatures in Sacramento and Washington, DC.
Please click on the link below to view a more complete list of CDA/ADA/SFVDS benefits.
SFVDS/CDA/ADA Membership Benefits
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO OPEN THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION.